Follow Us

John Mayer Quotes



“Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8 color boxes, but what you're really looking for are the 64 color boxes with the sharpeners on the back. I fancy myself to be a 64 color box, though I've got a few missing. It's okay though, because I've got some more vibrant colors like periwinkle at my disposal. I have a bit of a problem though in that I can only meet the 8 color boxes. Does anyone else have that problem? I mean there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation. So when I meet someone who's an 8 color type...I'm like, hey girl, Magenta! and she's like, oh, you mean purple! and she goes off on her purple thing, and I'm like, no I want Magenta!”
― John Mayer

“When you're dreaming with a broken heart The waking up is the hardest part
You roll outta bed and down on your knees And for a moment you can hardly breathe”
― John Mayer

“Disappointment has a name, it's heartbreak”
― John Mayer

“It's better to say too much, than never to say what you need to say again. ”
― John Mayer

“If you never stop when you wave goodbye you just might find, if you give it time, you will wave hello again...”
― John Mayer

“I love you more than songs can say, but I can't keep running after yesterday...”
― John Mayer, John Mayer - Battle Studies

“I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me.”
― John Mayer

“Fathers be good to your daughters, daughters will love like you do. Girls become lovers, who turn into mothers, so mothers be good to your daughters, too.”
― John Mayer

“You know it's nothing new. Bad news never had good timing. Then the circle of your friends will defend the silver lining. Pain throws your heart to the ground, love turns the whole thing around. No, it won't all go the way it should, but I know the heart of life is good.”
― John Mayer

“Just keep me where the light is”
― John Mayer

“Anything other than yes is no, anything other than stay is go, anything less than I love you is lying. . .”
― John Mayer

“God only knows how much I'd love you if you let me, but I can't break through at all.”
― John Mayer

“High School is like a spork: it's a crappy spoon and a crappy fork, so in the end it's just plain useless.”
― John Mayer

“Sometimes I wish that I was the weather, you'd bring me up in conversation forever. And when it rained, I'd be the talk of the day.”
― John Mayer

“How come the only way to know how high you get me is to see how far I fall”
― John Mayer

“So scared of getting older I'm only good at being young So I play the numbers game to find a way to say that life has just begun.”
― John Mayer

“And I've done all I can 
To stand on her steps with my heart in my hands”
― John Mayer

“If you had started doing anything two weeks ago, by today you would have been two weeks better at it.”
― John Mayer

“Half of my heart's got a real good imagination, half of my heart's got you. . .Half of my hearts got a right mind to tell you that half of my heart won't do.”
― John Mayer

“Someday I'll fly
Someday I'll soar
Someday I'll be something much more
Cuz I'm bigger than my body gives me credit for”
― John Mayer

“This is not to say, there never comes a day I'll take my chances and start again. And when I look behind on all my younger times, I'll have to thank the wrongs that led me to a love so strong.”
― John Mayer, John Mayer - Battle Studies

“Lets keep the car in drive and leave it all behind”
― John Mayer

“Fear is a friend who's misunderstood”
― John Mayer

“Tore up my heart and shut it down. Nothing to do, nowhere to be. A simple little kind of free. Nothing to do, no one but me, and that's all I need. I'm perfectly lonely.”
― John Mayer, John Mayer - Battle Studies

“How dare you say it's nothing to me?
Baby, you're the only light I ever saw.”
― John Mayer

“I'd like to think the best of me was still hiding up in my sleeve”
― John Mayer

“Too many shadows in my room, too many hours in this midnight, too many corners in my mind. . . so much to do to set my heart right ”
― John Mayer

“Everybody is a stranger, but that's the danger in going my own way.”
― John Mayer, John Mayer: Battle Studies

“Whenever they say it can’t be done, remind them that they make a jellybean that tastes exactly like popcorn.”
― John Mayer

“I just found out theres no such thing as the real world.”
― John Mayer

“It's really over, you made your stand
You got me crying, as was your plan
But when my loneliness is thru, I'm gonna find another you”
― John Mayer

“We keep waiting- waiting -waiting on the world to change.”
― John Mayer

“I was a killer, was the best they'd ever seen. I'd steal your heart before you ever heard a thing. I'm an assassin and I had a job to do. Little did I know that girl was an assassin to.”
― John Mayer, John Mayer - Battle Studies

“You can be mad in the morning
I'll take back what I said
Just don't leave me alone here
It's cold, baby
Come back to bed”
― John Mayer

“So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young.”
― John Mayer

“I swear to God we're gonna get it right”
― John Mayer

“Now she's left, cleaning up the mess you made”
― John Mayer

“Oh, today I finally overcame trying to fit the world in a picture frame... I guess you had to be there with me... no more 3x5s”
― John Mayer

“Love is really nothing but a dream that keeps waking me. For all of my trying, we still end up dying, how can it be?”
― John Mayer

“Baby you're the only light I ever saw. I make the most of all the sadness, you be a bitch because you can. You try to hit me just to hurt me so you leave me feeling dirty 'cause you can't understand. We're going down and you could see it to....we're slow dancing in a burning room!!!”
― John Mayer, Continuum: Music by John Mayer

“Stop this train
I want to get off and go home again
I can't take the speed it's moving in
I know I can't but honestly won't someone stop this train”
― John Mayer

“...and to all the hearts I've broken
and the ones that once broke mine,
I've got suspicions all will be forgive in time
all you gotta do is call them up and say:
"this will all make perfect sense someday"
I'll be A-ok....”
― John Mayer

“By the time I recognize this moment, this moment will be gone. . .
But I will bend the light, pretend that it somehow lingered on”
― John Mayer, John Mayer: Heavier Things

“You get in, you get done, and then you get gone. You never leave a trace or show your face, you get gone. Should've turned around and left before the sun came up again, but the sun came up again.”
― John Mayer, John Mayer - Battle Studies

“Suddenly I'm in over my head and I can hardly breathe. Suddenly I'm floating over her bed and I feel everything. Suddenly I know exactly what I did but I can not move a thing, and suddenly I know exactly what I've done and what it's gonna mean to me.... I'M GONE!!!”
― John Mayer, John Mayer - Battle Studies

“Wherever I go, whatever I do, I wonder where I am in my relationship to you, wherever you go, wherever you are, I watch that pretty life play out in pictures from afar”
― John Mayer

“Talk all your so-called problems, better put them in quotations. -"Say”
― John Mayer

“I'm in repair, I'm not together but I'm getting there”
― John Mayer

“... and if you want more love, why don't you say so...”
― John Mayer, John Mayer - Battle Studies

“You know I used to be the back porch poet with my book of lines, always hoping knowing all the time, I'm probably never gonna find the perfect rhyme. . .For heavier things”
― John Mayer

“Young and full of running. . . tell me where is that taking me? Just a great figure eight, or a tiny infinite?”
― John Mayer



“It's just the strangest thing, I've seen your face somewhere- an early evening dream, a past life love affair.
Do you know me at all?”
― John Mayer, John Mayer - Battle Studies



“I don't care if we don't sleep at all tonight,
Let's just fix this whole thing now.
I swear to God we're gonna get it right
If you lay your weapon down
Red wine and ambien
You're talking shit again
It's heartbreak warfare.”
― John Mayer, John Mayer - Battle Studies



“I work in the dead of night, when the roads are quiet and no one is around to track my moves.”
― John Mayer, John Mayer - Battle Studies



“You try to hit me just to hurt me so yo leave me feeling dirty cause you can understand htat we're going down.”
― John Mayer, Continuum: Music by John Mayer



“Belief is a beautiful armor, but it makes for the heaviest sword.”
― John Mayer



“I tell everyone, I smile just because I got a city love, found it in Lydia.
And I can't remember life before her name.”
― John Mayer



“waiting for the world to change”
― John Mayer



“I'm gonna steer clear, I'd burn up in your atmosphere I'm gonna steer clear, Cause I'd die if I saw you, I'd die if i didn't see you there”
― John Mayer



“Gravity is working against me
And gravity wants to bring me down

Oh I'll never know what makes this man
With all the love that his heart can stand
Dream of ways to throw it all away

Oh Gravity is working against me
And gravity wants to bring me down

Oh twice as much ain't twice as good
And can't sustain like a one half could
It's wanting more
That's gonna send me to my knees
[repeat]

Oh gravity, stay the hell away from me
And gravity has taken better men than me (now how can that be?)

Just keep me where the light is
Just keep me where the light is
Just keep me where the light is
C'mon keep me where the light is
C'mon keep me where the light is
Oh... where the light is! [repeat]”
― John Mayer

Source : goodreads.com

No comments:

Post a Comment